Sunday, December 16, 2012

Life is nothing without music to go along with it..

It's one of those days where all I've done is listen to my Pandora and watched movies and shows that I needed to catch up on. So.. since I did a movie post already, I am going to write about music today (which I truly think I could not live without because it keeps me sane).

***WARNING*** I absolutely cannot stand country music; therefore, if you are looking for good country singers and what is good, you are in the wrong place. Because I don't think any (maybe one or two songs) are good. 

Ok, now that we are past that... 

Right about now I have been absolutely obsessed with my Fun. Pandora station. The thing about Pandora is that they don't only play songs by Fun., but by other artists that are similar. 
Don't know Fun. very much? Well here are some examples:
Florence and the Machine
Killers
Coldplay
Mumford and Sons (sometimes I can't listen to them because of their country sound)
Muse
And a lot of others that are similar sounding!

Also, if you have not seen pitch perfect, I definitely recommend it! I have been addicted to the soundtrack since I saw it a few months ago, if that tells you anything. I'm a huge fan of A Capella. If you are too, I suggest you listen to Pentatonix. 

I like to listen to "oldies" music as well. I grew up listening to it because of my dad, and I still love it. The music back then was truly rock and roll. Here are some of the bands that I like a lot:
Journey
Bob Seger--saw him in concert and he did an amazing job.
Def Leopard, Kiss, Poison, etc.
Fleetwood Mac
And lots of others that I can't think of right now. 

Of course, I can't forget about what our generation considers to be old:
N'Sync
Backstreet Boys
Britney Spears (still kinda current)
Spice Girls
And the newer stuff that is kind of similar:
One Direction
Kelly Clarkson
The Wanted
Taylor Swift (even though she is country her songs are considered pop sometimes and they are catchy--not good).
I like to listen to most of these artists and bands today still and it is still just as good as when they first started. I'm not sure if it is just because it is some kind of flashback to childhood or if the songs are just too catchy not to sing along. 

So that's about all I can think about tonight. This list could seriously go on forever.. and I could never pick a favorite band or singer because it varies from day to day (sometimes even from hour to hour). 




No comments:

Post a Comment